Thursday, July 4, 2013

About me

My name is Claude. People often ask me how I learned about cars. My answer is: "My first car cost 100 dollars and blew the engine in a month. I had to learn if I wanted to drive anywhere!" It is not something I decided to do one day, it was all out of necessity! Each thing I learned was something that broke: Transmission-gotta fix it, Brakes-not optional, what the heck is an alternator and why do I need one?, Knocking is an engine begging for oil just before the rebuild! That kind of stuff.

Fast forward 28 years and a lot more broken down cars and I have a 'better than average' knowledge of cars. All learned in backyards and friends garages. It is truly amazing what you can learn if you are just willing to attempt it and ok with failing and humbly asking for help.

Now I have a pretty well stocked garage and a decent knowledge base (and Google!) so I find myself doing a lot of work on my cars and others. Right now its my brothers 67 Mustang convertible rest-mod. This is a ground up build of a classic that is getting not so classic parts.

Please feel free to ask any questions and Ill try to answer them.

No comments:

Post a Comment